Sunday, November 16, 2008

Storyville!

Today we took a trip to Storyville, a WONDERFUL place for children under age 5 (and their parents!) to play and learn at the Rosedale branch of the Baltimore County Public Library. Yep kids, it's FREE!!! I could make a joke about being happy with my tax dollars at work, but Storyville was built all on donations. I think I'll be adding Baltimore County Public Library on my "good" list when it comes time for charitable contributions. As previously stated, it is a GREAT place to play, worth the drive and was a lot of fun in a baby friendly (and safe!) environment. They had toys and books and things to climb through and books and several themed areas for role play and books. And you could borrow the books - just like at the library, oh wait, it was a library! You couldn't check out the toys though... and you can return the books to ANY Baltimore county library.

This place was just great! Of course, I took a few pics. But I'll warn you, I had bad lighting, so they aren't as technically "good" as I would have liked. But there ain't nothing wrong with snapshots while playing, hunh?


DSC_2447ps, originally uploaded by gailpaul.

A view of the "Baby Garden"


DSC_2396ps, originally uploaded by gailpaul.



DSC_2417ps, originally uploaded by gailpaul.



DSC_2463ps, originally uploaded by gailpaul.



DSC_2469ps, originally uploaded by gailpaul.



DSC_2438ps, originally uploaded by gailpaul.



DSC_2394ps, originally uploaded by gailpaul.

Did I mention there were books?

1 comment:

Gem said...

Wow, that's down the street from where I grew up. I practically lived in that library and heard they remodeled, but didn't know they did so much!
Glad Wesley had fun! It really looks like they went all out.