Monday, March 2, 2009

Wesley's first snow day


DSC_7828psminusrd, originally uploaded by gailpaul.

DSC_7862ps, originally uploaded by gailpaul.

DSC_7866ps, originally uploaded by gailpaul.

DSC_7878ps, originally uploaded by gailpaul.

DSC_7887ps, originally uploaded by gailpaul.

I don't know what the official snow fall total is for this storm, but it is the first "real" accumulation of snow we've had that Wesley has been able to experience. I mean, last winter he wasn't even able to sit up and we don't get much snow here in Maryland, nothing like Rochester, that is for sure! I knew it wouldn't be a long visit outdoors, but I thought Wesley would enjoy a little frolick in the snow. The video is from the first moments I set him down. Then I ran inside and grabbed the camera for a few photos, you know me... every experience is a photo op.

I think he had fun the snow, well for the first 10 minutes. Wesley mostly just walked around, he had a couple tumbles into the snow, but had a soft landing. I thought he might try to pick it up, but he didn't try. He is still pretty young to be playing in the snow, but he found it interesting... until he pulled off his mittens and found it to be pretty cold. Even the cats enjoyed watching the snow fall. I guess the condensation forming on the door was pretty tasty for Murphy.

After Wesley was "done"with the cold of being outdoors, I brought him in, got him warmmed up and then I got a little bowl and filled it with snow. I gave it to Wesley just so he could put his fingers in it and really check it out. He immediately picked up a small fistfull and ate the snow... such a boy!

No comments: