Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blanket


DSC_1578bw, originally uploaded by gailpaul.
The word at school is Wesley loves his blanket. When I dropped him off the other day, the caregiver mentioned it and then I asked his afternoon teacher and she said he usually hangs onto it in the mornings after I drop him off.

I thought about it a little bit and we do snuggle in his blanket every morning when he wakes up. I go in and wrap the blanket around his backside and hug him close to me, his head snuggled under my chin. We sway a few times and he just feels so good in my arms. And then we go sit in the best chair EVER, and I nurse him with the blanket keeping him warm. Before we go downstairs to start the day, I put the blanket back in his crib.

Every evening, Greg gets him ready for bed, we turn the lights down and the lullabies on. Daddy says goodnight and Wesley blows him kisses. We cuddle in the chair with his blanket wrapped around him and when he is ready I tell him I love him, give him a kiss and lay him in his crib. And then I cover him up with the blanket and we blow kisses to each other as I turn off the light.

Before I go to bed later that evening, I check to see the blanket is still on him. The nights are cold still and I just want him to be warm. Some nights I find him laying on top of the blanket, and then I grab a second blanket to cover him. A little sleeping Wesley sandwich I guess.

Today I brought the blanket downstairs with us for the morning. I was a little surprised about how much he kept it with him. And he was so cute dragging it around. I didn't think he had an attachment object. I guess I just didn't think about it enough.

I love being a mom.

No comments: