Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pup - Pup - Puppy Dog

Wesley has never been a big talker. He didn't babble a lot as a small baby and we think the fact had had fluid in his ears from all his ear infections had a lot to do with it. He had a hearing test last week and all is well and good, his hearing is normal. He still doesn't talk much, he has been saying "ball" for about 6 weeks and he parroted 'giraffe' while my mom was here for a visit. He does make car sounds when he plays with his vehicles and he meows with the cats. He has been saying "hi," "bye," and "yeah" (complete with head nod) for a few weeks.

My favorite Wesley sound is when he blows kisses. About a week ago he started blowing goodnight kisses to me from his crib as I turn out the light and head out of his room. He'll keep blowing kisses for a few minutes even after I stop answering them with my own kisses blown back to him. Greg and I will be downstairs and still hear him going "Mwah!"

He loves animals and we've been watching a little Animal Planet the past couple days in hopes of seeing some birds, Wesley's favorite animal! The TV was on this afternoon and a dog came on. I said "Oh Wesley, look at the puppy dog" and he parroted right back "pup a" and some other variations. We went back and forth a few times and I hoped my getting the video camera wouldn't disturb the moment. As you can watch... he starts out with "pup a" and ends with "I want the camera!"

No comments: