Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lovin' the outdoors


DSC_2893edit, originally uploaded by gailpaul.

DSC_2920editcrop, originally uploaded by gailpaul.
Sometimes you just have to experience something to understand it. I always thought parents pushed boys towards cars and trucks, being rough and playing in the dirt. I had no idea boys have a natural instinct to drift towards these things. Boy, was I wrong!
We've been having A LOT of rain these days. Seriously, just about every day for two weeks, or maybe even longer. Wesley just adores the outdoors and when we got home from work/school, I just had to let him enjoy himself outside for a bit. I knew it was muddy, but he was in his school clothes and the overcast day made for some great lighting photography wise. I grabbed my camera and just let go.
If you know me, you might know I hate getting dirty, and I especially hate getting my hands dirty. That being said, once Wesley really got into the mud and yuck, I realized there would be a point I'd have to bring him inside. I then decided we'd wait until Daddy got home and we could all have some fun outside. Then we could tag team Wesley so he could go straight to the bathtub once we were ready to go in. I might have relaxed a bit, but I still had my plan!

No comments: