Friday, June 19, 2009

Climbing in trees and playing in puddles

This is a day I'm going to remember for a long time. It started off with a game of chase in the driveway which gave us some great giggles. Unfortunately some of the photos were only "emotionally in focus," a phrase I am adoptiong for those pics I love, and can't delete, and I clearly have my mommy goggles on when I look at them.
After our game of chase, we wandered to our next door neighbors yard and Wesley climbed his first tree. You can just see how he looks like he has an idea, executes his plan and then looks at me to see if I'm watching. I love this kid!
As if we didn't have enough fun, our neighbor past that, Ms Catherine was out in her yard. We went over to talk with her and Wesley discovered a puddle. Since we were just playing the day away (and Mommy had her camera = Wesley gets to do "A LOT" in the name of photo ops!), I didn't mind too much when he decided to check out the puddle. He was sooo cute! He would walk through the puddle and even dance in it a little bit just to hear and watch the tiny splashes. It was adorable!
Then, I popped him onto Ms Catherine's bench for a pic with the flowers. Ummm yeah, he wasn't having any of that!

1 comment:

joes_love said...

3rd one down- I love his expression! and then I think it's the 9th one- that's just an awesome picture, I love the shadow and how he has his hand at his back. He's getting so big!