Sunday, June 7, 2009

Disney Fix


DSC_4063, originally uploaded by gailpaul.

DSC_4013EDIT, originally uploaded by gailpaul.
I did something I haven't done in a long time, I traveled without my husband and without my son. I met up with a good friend at Disney for a couple days as a girlie trip. It was hard leaving my boys at home, but I had a great time. It was a quick 2 night trip, but filled with lots of good stuff. When we first arrived, we headed to Downtown Disney for some lunch at the new T Rex restaurant and shopping!

DSC_4077, originally uploaded by gailpaul.

DSC_4118EDIT, originally uploaded by gailpaul.
After lunch we went back to The Animal Kingdom Lodge, where we had a savanna view room, complete with all the usual Disney touches.

DSC_4184EDIT, originally uploaded by gailpaul.
After all that walking around, we decided to treat ourselves to a pedicure at the Grand Floridian Spa. It was hands down the best pedicure I've ever had! I am very ticklish, but this was a gentle, soothing and relaxing foot treatment. I really enjoyed it!

DSC_4172EDITWM, originally uploaded by gailpaul.

DSC_4177EDIT, originally uploaded by gailpaul.

DSC_4158EDIT, originally uploaded by gailpaul.

DSC_4210EDIT, originally uploaded by gailpaul.
I'm officially in Disney when I have dinner at the California Grill. It has become a tradition to go there on our first evening in Disney. I've been lucky to watch the fireworks from this location on more than one occasion. It is really a great view and they even pipe in the music from the park.

DSC_4235EDIT, originally uploaded by gailpaul.
We didn't have reservations, but we were able to score a great table next to the windows, just look at that view of the sun setting over the Magic Kingdom! (excuse the gunk on the window - lol!)

No comments: