Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Making new friends

It was Wesley's first day at daycare today. It was definitely harder on Greg and I than it was on Wesley. It was so surreal this morning, Greg took Wesley to daycare and I was alone in the house for the first time since Wesley was born. It was hard watching them go, but I knew he would be cared for by some very tender people. I called to check up on him at 8:30. I just wanted to see how his morning was going. At that time, he was hanging out in a bouncer chair after he had his breakfast. I felt better after checking in and I resisted temptation to call again, even though I knew I could. I rushed to the center after getting out from work, very anxious to see how his day went. After fighting some traffic, I arrived and headed toward the infant room. There was my sweet boy chewing on a truck. I had to document the occasion, so I snapped a few pictures and then scooped him up for some hugs and kisses. It was like I was never gone. I could tell he was a little overtired and found out he hadn't napped since 11am (I picked him up a little after 4!). He wasn't crying, just not supersmiley. He is a terrible napper. I fed him and chatted with the providers a little bit, snapped a couple more pics and off we went. Needless to say, Wesley was asleep in his carseat before we got to the end of the street.

No comments: