Thursday, June 26, 2008

Still sick!

It seems like he has been sick forever, but I know that is not the case. When we got home from daycare yesterday, Greg said Wesley felt warm. We checked his temperature and it was 100.9. I paged the pediatrician and it was decided Wesley would go back to the doctor's office in the morning if the fever continued through the night. Needless to say, when he woke up at 4:45 am, his temperature was 102.3, I gave him some Tylenol (again) and a couple hours later it was 103.7. I called and we went right over to the office. The doctor decided to give him a shot of antibiotics (Rocephin) and we need to go back tomorrow for another shot. Well... the shot ws divided into two doses because it is too large for his little muscles, so he got TWO shots. My poor little guy. It just breaks my heart to see him sick. I wish there was more we could do for him.

In the meantime, I only gave him his favorite foods, bananas and apples, for dinner. He seemed so tired and cranky, I didn't want to "push" him to eat any of the things he doesn't prticularly care for. The peas will be there in a few days.

No comments: