Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Favorite Subject


My sleeping baby.


What could possibly be a more perfect subject for a photo?


He is so peaceful, still and quiet.


There is no rush when I'm taking his pictue while he is sleeping.


I am very proud of these 2 pictures not only because they showcase my beautiful son and his perfection, I love the lashes and the fullness of his lips. (What can I say, I'm his mom, I'm ALLOWED to gush over him!) But these 2 pictures are 100% mine. I set the white balance, I used manual mode, I even used manual focus! And I didn't photoshop a single thing. Here they are, straight out of the camera. Yea! I might just muster up the courage to post these on a photo website and ask for some professional critique. We'll see what the pros say!?!?


I just had to show the setting, he was asleep in his carseat. It also worked out nicely because I could use natural light and all I had to do to control the light was swing the door open a little wider if need be. But, it did start raining while I was taking pictures. I guess no setting is 100% perfect!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail, these photos are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I can only dream of taking photos so great. Good job!

lindsay said...

look at those lashes. kira is jealous.