Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sniff, I'll miss that baby seat

Bye Bye Graco Snugride! Alas, it has been good times. From bringing Wesley home from the hospital, to vacationing in Florida and all the trips in between, it has been an invaluable product. I will miss it terribly!I have often thought to myself I should do a post about my favorite baby items, the "must haves" and the things that make my life easier. Without a doubt, the infant carseat has been my #1 lifesaver. It is so easy and convienent, get the baby situated in the seat while in the nice warm house, run to the car and "snap" into the base. When you get to your destination, pull on the lift and snap into the stroller. Oh, and it has a little cover to shield him from the elements. Wesley often fell asleep in the carseat and while strolling, so I could keep going without waking him to move him to and from the car. Ahhh, the best would be when he fell asleep on the way home, I could bring the carseat in the house and he'd still be sleeping and I could have some "me" time.

Alas, those days are over. Change is hard.

Wesley technically hasn't outgrown his infant seat just yet, but it is time. He is eleven months old and getting bigger... 19 pounds now! When you add in the weight of the carrier, he can be pretty heavy to lug around in it. So, sigh, we installed the big boy convertible car seat. Well, the infant seat is still installed "just in case" I think he is going to fall asleep in the car. None the less, he has moved into his new carseat.

But change can be good.

Yesterday was our first day in the new seat. When I picked him up from daycare, I used to buckle him into the carrier and carry him to the car. Yesterday I held him in my arms and we snuggled all the way to my car in the parking lot. That part was nice.

Maybe it will be easier than I think it will be.

No comments: