Thursday, September 18, 2008

One of the best days ever!

How it started:
I nursed Wesley this morning at 4:45am and we both went back to sleep.
Greg kissed me goodbye around 6ish and I woke up at 11.
It was DIVINE!

Greg got Wesley up this morning and took him to daycare. Usually I like to travel for my birthday and I was a little bummed we didn't go anywhere, but man, it is really working out in my favor! I woke up all relaxed and refreshed!

Then I was off to the spa to redeem my Mother's Day gift. I had some pampering and returned home to my darling husband who was holding my smiling baby boy. Wesley had a card for me in his hands and he was so happy to see me! I was smitten!!!

If that weren't enough...
Earlier in the day, I recieved a phone call from my Grandfather, who sang 'Happy Birthday' to me, which was nice. But what was even better was, he told me he got a tattoo today and will be starting radiation on Monday!!! Now, for most people, this would sound like a big bummer of a phone call. My grandpa had a bit of melanoma in his sideburn this past spring. It was removed and we thought we were in the clear. In the past two weeks he had a doctor's appointment and another spot of skin cancer was found and removed. He had a body scan on Tuesday and the results of the body scan would determine the course of treatment.

If the cancer had spread, there would be no further treatment.

If there were no other spots, he would start radiation to attempt to prevent recurrance of the cancer.

I never would have thought I'd be happy to hear my grandfather needs radiation! But here I am, thankful we have this path to go down! So, wish us all luck!

I think this may be one of the best birthdays ever!

3 comments:

n. said...

happy birthday - hope the week continues in the same fashion!

Carla. said...

Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Keep enjoying Wes and yourself.
Kisses.

d said...

That does sound like a fabulous day! Happy Birthday, hon!