Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Misson 24 - Nostalgia

I am an agent for a photogroup called Mission 24. Every few weeks I get an email assignment that I have 24 hours to complete. There is a little more to it, but I figured these kinds of exercises might help me improve on my photographic journey. My first assignment is "nostalgia." So, sit back and get nostalgic with me...


DSC_4342, originally uploaded by gailpaul.
A photo from a page of my honeymoon scrapbook. Well, it is actually the second book, you can see the first book with the palm tree cover laying underneath. We were very fortunate to honeymoon on two islands in Hawaii. Book I chronicles our Oahu adventure and book II is all about our stay on the big island. I still haven't finished my second book, but I get nostalgic whenever I work on my scrapbooks. Something about these vintage postcards speaks to me as well.


DSC_4353, originally uploaded by gailpaul.
More nostalgia... We haven't named him yet, but this is our 'Elf On A Shelf.' He came to our house with a mission from Santa to chronicle who has been naughty and who has been nice. Now you know how that jolly old soul knows if you've been bad or good... so be good for goodness sake!

Family traditions are wonderful things and I hope maybe one day Wesley shares our elf with his children. Until then, we're working on creating some nostalgia with this little guy.

No comments: