Thursday, July 10, 2008

18 pounds

Wesley's 9 month appointment was today. He weighed in at 18 pounds even and his height was measured to be 28 inches. Unfortunately, his ears are still infected, so we started our FOURTH course of antibiotics and we are going to see an ENT doctor in a couple weeks. I cannot express the frustration I feel regarding Welsey being sick. I feel like we are doing all the right things and I know there isn't anything more or different we could do at the moment. I just feel so helpless. When the doctor said they were still infected my heart ached. I just want my baby to feel better. I don't want his ears to hurt and I don't want him to have to take icky tasting antibiotics (Biaxin) and I CERTAINLY don't want him to have to repeat antibiotic injections. I don't want to think about having tubes placed in his ears, or more doctors visits. I am thankful we have insurance, and the money for all the prescriptions is really adding up. Even so, I'd pay every dime I had, work overtime or do whatever I could to have him healthy.

All that being said, he isn't deathly sick, THANK GOD!!! He actually looks really healthy, but Greg and I can tell something is up. Wesley hasn't slept well the past few nights and he just isn't his usual self. Please send good ear vibes our way.

No comments: