Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sleeping at daycare

Wesley had a rough day at daycare yesterday. I dropped him off a little later than usual and was using the daycare so that I could take some time to garden and clean the house. A little after noon I got a call saying he was crying most of the morning. I think he is teething and coupled with the separation anxiety, the decision was made that he would be better off at home. Fortunately, I wasn't working, so that option was a possibility.

I had to work today, so I had to take him back to daycare. After placing him in the arms of a very sweet caregiver, I knew in my heart that he would have a better day today. Needless to say, I didn't get a phone call today and when I arrived at the center, he was napping very peacefully. I hung out in the room for almost a half hour and decided he had been napping long enough, I wanted to get out of there. I decided I'd snap a few pictures, but that didn't wake him up. So, I gently woke him up by rubbing his back and then pulling him into my arms. I cuddled him softly and rocked him in the rocking chair until he really woke up. He was so happy to see me and I was very happy to see him too! It was such a nice reunion.

No comments: