Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

We had a relatively quiet Fourth of July. Rich and Amanda had their Annual "Blow Stuff Up" party, but it didn't start until 5 and since Wesley starts getting cranky when it gets to be bedtime, we knew we wouldn't make it very late. We ended up staying later than we tought we could, Wesley didn't start fussing until 7:30 ish. Needless to say, he didn't catch many fireworks. He did see a sparkler, one spinning pinwheel thing and a few bottle rockets. The little guy didn't even wince with the whistle of the bottle rockets. He is such a relaxed, laid back baby.

The sky was pretty overcast and due to so many shadows I made some adjustments on my camera in an effort to get some better pictures in the low lighting conditions. However, it didn't quite work out the way I intended and I'm not totally happy with how they turned out. It is a real shame too, Wesley was all smiles for the camera. It just goes to show I still have a lot to learn about photography! I guess I'll just have to keep practicing... I LOVE digital photography, instant feedback AND no cost for pictures that don't turn out. I mean, I'm not wasting film and spending money for processing on lots of pictures that don't turn out as expected.

No comments: