Thursday, October 9, 2008

I am 1 year old today!

Bittersweet is such an understatement! I can't believe a whole year has gone by. I keep thinking about where I was and what I was doing one year ago today. As I type this, I would have been in the recovery room, holding Wesley in my arms for the first time. Since then my world has changed and definately for the better. It has been amazing to watch him grow and develop into such a sweet and curious little boy. It is such a priveledge and I am so lucky to have been able to experience so much with him. I am excited about the future, but I am saddened he is no longer itty bitty. I have tried to savor it, document every moment and commit every detail to memory.

It has been so wonderful and I just want to treasure these days. When we went to a wedding recently, I watched the groom dance with his mother and it made me think about someday dancing with Wesley at his wedding. I hope he is as blessed as I am. I hope he is able to someday experience marriage to a wonderful supportive partner and experience the birth of his child and the first year of parenthood is as much fun as it has been for Greg and I. Of course, I hope the years leading up to that moment are full of happiness and health, joys and excitement. And of course, I hope I'm along for so many of the adventures that await. And I'll do my best to treasure them as well. For someday he won't be my dependant, but he'll always be my baby!

No comments: