Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We're home!


Part I
It all went well. I'll update this post later, but the jist is:
surgery took all of 10 min... I swear a minute after I posted the waiting room post, the doctor came out and got us. He said the fluid behind Wesley's ears was "glue like" (EW!) and would not have drained on its own. That statement really made us feel like we had made the right decision. We were brought to the recovery area and a nuser carried Wesley over to us. He was crying and tossing and turning a lot, as the effects of anesthesia were wearing off. After about 10 min he was much more settled. At 15 min, I was able to nurse him and all was well with the world. We left the hospital and from parking the car to pulling away, we were there a total of 2 hours. Again, I'll post more/edit this post later... but wanted to give an update.

Part II
So, as I said before, things went very well. Here is some more in depth info for those interested in the details. Watch an online video about the procedure by clicking on this link, PE Tube Placement Video. Wesley is currently taking a nap and appears to be doing just fine. I gave him a dose of Tylenol just in case his ears are bothering him. He has antibiotic ear drops for the next couple nights and he has a follow up appointment in a couple weeks. I am optimistic that he will have a smooth recovery and hopefully his hearing will return to normal very soon (if not already!) Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it went well! From all I'd heard, by the time you start to worry about the surgery, it's done.

Here's to a successful surgery!